1. Information required to support users
Information needed to obtain user support from the Mezzanine support desk
The following info is needed to support the client:
1. Note as much detail as possible about the user who is experiencing the problem:
a) Name, personal mobile or landline number, device mobile number, role within the application, location, facility (eg clinic or hospital)
2. How many users are affected (estimated if not know accurately)?
3. Who is the First Line Support person attending to this issue and what attempts was made to assist the user?
4. Have you confirmed:
a) That the user's device has connectivity to the cellphone network and internet?
b) That the user's device has quality and consistent access to the internet?
5. Describe the problem this user is experiencing:
a) What feature was used?
b) What was the expected result?
c) What was the actual result?
d) Did i happen once or multiple times?
6. Describe the error received by the user - please attach screenshot if possible.
7. Please supply any other relevant detail, eg.
a) The clinic's district manager.
b) The CHV's line manager
2. Mobile Device Related Support
a. How to check that Mobile Data is active on the device
How do I enable the mobile data settings from my phone?
1. Drag your screen down, using your index finger
2. Once you are able to see more functions, with your finger scroll to the left
3. Now click on "Mobile data", the mobile data icon should now turn green
4. Mobile data should now be activated
b. How to check the device version
How do I check the device OS version?
1. Click on more apps button (located at the bottom right-hand corner of the screen).
2. Open settings.
3. Using your index finger scroll down and open "About settings"
4. Scroll down to Andriod version and check what version is displayed example "Andriod version 2.3.6"
c. How to change Network Selection manually
How to manually select your network?
1. From your device, navigate to "Settings"
2. Once in settings select "More networks" tab
3. Select "Mobile networks"
4. Select "Network operators" and choose your network
5. Once operator selected, check if your device have signal
6. Should you still not have signal, navigate to "Settings"
7. Once in settings select "More networks" tab
8. Select "Mobile networks" and then "Network mode"
9. Now tick WCDMA/GSM (auto connect)
10. Once done check if your signal issue is resolved
11. Should the issue persist, check the signal of at least 5 different devices and check if they have coverage
12. Should they also experience the same issue, then contact your service provider
d. How to set the date and time of the mobile device
How do I set date and time to automatically update?
1. From your device, navigate to "Settings"
2. Scroll down to 'SYSTEM' and click 'Date and Time'
3. Check the check box so that it displays a green tick next to 'Automatic date and time'
e. How to optimise network coverage/Poor cellphone signal
How to troubleshoot a poor connection?
Should you experience loss of coverage or poor signal, step out of the building or move to a different location and check if you receive a more stable connection/coverage.
Process to follow when a User does not get any Network Signal
Please send the following information to Mezzanine support desk in order to log a thorough signal investigation with the Service Provider:
1. Contact person and extra mobile or landline number
a. The Service Provider will contact the user with this details.
2. The Mobile Network Service Provider's number needing investigation
a. The mobile number for the device that is struggling to synchronise data to the server.
3. Physical address of the location where the user does not get network signal.
4. Description of the signal issue as experienced by user.
5. Forward this detail to firstname.lastname@example.org
6. Please allow Mezzanine support to liaise with the Mobile Network Service Provider during this investigation.
a. Note that the service provider may take up to 21 days to complete their investigation depending on the user's availability.
3. Mezzanine NdoH Application Support
c. How to install the application
How do I install the application?
1. You will receive a SMS with a URL link
2. Open messages, click on the URL link in the SMS, and select 'Open URL'
3. That will redirect you a site similar to the following URL: https://za-zerorated- journey.mezzanineware.com/static/application-version.apk
4.Select web browser
5. Complete action by selecting Chrome web browser, and clicking on 'Just once'. Google Chrome Terms of Service - select 'Accept and Continue'.
6. Save file
7. Do not sign in to Chrome - select 'No thanks'
8. Keep the Helium Andriod file by selecting - 'OK'
9. Monitor the status of the download to ensure it completes successfully - watch the notification bar for progress
10. Swipe down on the screen to open notification bar. Wait for the download to complete. Then click on the item that has just been downloaded to open the link.
11. Allowing an installation from 'Unknown sources'
12. You might receive a warning that the installation is blocked because the application does not originate from the Play Store. Just click on Settings.
13. Then find the "Unknown sources" option and select that
a. This will allow an installation from 'Unknown sources'.
14. Agree to Unknown sources by selectting 'OK'.
15. You will see a check mark now appears next to the option in your Security Settings menu.
16. The download and installation will continue.
17. Allow access to all required functionality on the device: Just keep pressing Next until the Install option appears in the bottom right-hand corner. Then click on that Install option.
18. The application will now install.
19. Once the App has installed, click on the Open button to open the App.
b. How to enrol and access the application
How do I login and enrol my device?
1. You will receive another SMS with a link to your enrolment barcode.
a. The link will appear similar to the following: https://embark.mobi/enroll?h=za-zerorated- journey.mezzanineware.com&k=113976488208002147&t=j
2. Open the SMS
3. Now select 'Open URL'
4. Complete action using 'Enrol'. In some cases, you need to select your application logo if it is available as an option.
5. Now click on 'Just Once' in the bottom right corner.
6. The device is now busy enrolling. After a few seconds, you will get a pop-up message to say that 'This device is registered to (the User/Facility)'.
7. Click 'OK' and wait for the application to synchronise, this may take a few minutes depending on your network connection strenght.
8. There will be a wheel spinning on the screen while the application installs. Please wait for the wheel to stop.
9. Now click on 'Exit' and navigate back to your application.
10. The wheel will now spin again. Please wait for it to stop.
11. Onnce it has stopped, you may enter and use the application.
c. How to monitor and force synchronisation
How do I synchronise my device?
1. From your device home screen navigate to your application.
2. In the top right hand corner of the screen click on the two arrows that forms a circle.
3. There will now be a bigger circle running in the foreground of the screen.
4. As soon as the circle stops, there will be a message displayed at the bottom of the screen.
5. Should the message display 'Data synchronised', then the synchronisation was successful.
6. Should your receive a "Failed to upload data' message, you then need to check if your mobile data is enabled.
How do I check the synchronisation status of the application?
1. open the application.
2. Once the application is open, click on the more options button.
a. The more options button can be located on the bottom of the phone, now select diagnostics.
3. Menu will appear at the bottom of the phone, now select diagnostics.
4. Check if Network has a green mark or red cross.
5. If a red cross is present, then click on network settings and tick the "Enable mobile data" tick box.
6. Once the box is ticked, press the back button on the phone.
a. The back button can be located on the right-hand side of the phone next to the huge square button.
7. Navigate back to the application, and press the Sync button.
d. How to clear application data on the device
How do I clear all the application data?
1. Navigate to "Settings"
2. Scroll down and click on "Application manager"
3. Now scroll down until you find your application.
4. Once found Click on the application.
5. At the bottom click on "Clear data" and wait 10 seconds.
6. Now you can exit the "Application manager", re-open your application and login.
7. Now you need to re-enrol your device, please send an email to email@example.com to receive you enrolment link.
4. NDoH SVS Web Portal Support
a. How to log into the application.
How do I login to my application?
1. Login in by using the mobile phone number of your SIM as your username and your PIN.
2. Go to URL ndoh.mezzanineware.com/web-client/login
3. Enter Mobile Number (e.g 27791403375)
4. Enter password (As received via SMS)
5. Click on Sign in
6. Next choose a PIN that you won't forget, and enter it in the 'Enter a new PIN' field.
7. Make a seperate note of this PIN, as it will be required each time you open the app.
b. How to reset your password if you can no longer access the application
How do I reset my password?
1. Navigate to the web URL dedicated to your project, eg ndoh.mezzanineware.com/web-client/login
2. Now click on 'Can't access your account?'
3. Now enter your mobile number - that is the mobile number of the SIM issued with the device - as your username.
4. Click 'Reset password'
5. You should now receive an sms with your new password.